How Much Bar Rail Do I Need?

Not sure how much bar rail molding and parts to order? Don’t see the wood specie or lengths required to complete your home or commercial bar top? Please Contact Us by phone, 1-844-BAR-RAIL, or by email. Our staff is eager and ready to answer pre-order questions and make recommendations for your specific bar project. You may also send us a rough sketch, finished drawing or picture of the bar you want to build and we will respond with our suggestions on the best methods, bar building materials and shipping options to achieve your goal.

At Hardwoods Incorporated we stock a large selection of bar building materials, we offer options for custom fabricated bar parts and provide technical support after the sale as well. If you are unfamiliar with construction or woodworking terminology or are just unsure how to get started please contact us, we welcome the opportunity to help the novice as well as the accomplished residential or commercial builder. We will make you feel right at home. For more information on building a bar, check out our bar building resources page to view tutorials and videos to help you get started building your home or commercial bar.

Thank you for considering Hardwoods Incorporated.

american-walnut-home-bar

Antique Football : Thanks to Hardwoods Incorporated for manufacturing the materials that made this dream man cave a reality!

Posted in: Bar Building, Bar Rails

32 Responses

1. James Patton says:

On the YouTube video for installing the bar rail, how do you make the spoil board, what are the dimensions? Also, what is the recommended number of teeth on the saw blade you’re using?

Thanks in advance, in the final planning stages and finishing up the bar top here soon and preparing myself for the br475 purchase.

Jim

• saleshardwoods says:

Hello Jim,

The spoil board suggested in the video is 1″ x 2″ actual size. A good 80 tooth or better combination blade is suggested as well. Safety first, always wear safety glass and secure the work piece.

2. RON WINTER says:

We are building an “L”-shaped basement bar. We have a CAD drawing if needed. The the bar side lengths are 4’6″ and 6’10”. We plan on ordering the 21″ BR 475-S Top Kit(s) with matching front Trim Bar Kit(s). Also 12″ corners for bar top and fluted columns for bar front.

Which of your readily available woods do you recommend for the rich, deepest color wow factor?

Before I get into too much trouble, what advice can you give us?
    Ph# is 616 502-7604.
    Do we need a sample kit? If so, cost?

3. Cherie Felty says:

Hi, I need the glass rack molding in walnut in approximately 5.75”. Can you cut that length? I can buy the 2’ pieces and cut myself, but if you can it would be a lot easier. I need 4 center and 4 ends, so one 2’ piece of each would do it. I have a bar back with mirror from American Heritage, but they have gone out of business. Just trying to add additional storage as it only hold one glass per slot….so 6 glasses. Thanks

4. Tony says:

I purchased walnut rails from you guys, the 475 version and it is going to look great. Still working on it but coming along really good. I see these bar side and am interested. I have nothing for that side yet but interested highly. If you you could inform me more about it, that would be great. Thanks again for the rails.

• saleshardwoods says:

Hello Tony,

Glad you liked the walnut bar rails. I will contact you directly in regard to your question.

Thank you for choosing Hardwoods Incorporated.

5. tpacosian says:

Excellent product and our bar, after some hard work turned out great! Thanks guys for the quality wood products to help us turn our basement bar into a grand basement piece!

6. John Holland says:

Can you provide the 450 bar rail in either Poplar, or Red Oak, in 5ft lengths? I need a 6 ft and a 5 ft.

• saleshardwoods says:

Sure we can provide the bar rail rail in any length you want. I will contact you directly by email. Thank you for considering Hardwoods Incorporated!

7. Jim Mager says:

Received my samples on Friday and have been having fun trying to figure out the correct look.

Did I read correctly that ya’ll will do the 45 cuts too? I’m lacking in the ability to do those correctly! LOL!

Please contact me with more information, hoping it’s that easy! 🙂

BTW the sample pack is a great idea. I saw where I made my mistakes on the bar top….fixed them…now ready to order.

Thanks and look forward to hearing from ya’ll!

• saleshardwoods says:

Hi Jim, happy you liked the bar rail sample pack. I will contact you directly by email to answer you questions.
      Thank you for choosing Hardwoods Incorporated.